Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dean's cover letter

Dear Human Resource Manager,

Within the next couple of semesters, I plan to graduate from San Francisco State University with a major in Sociology. My previous work experience has provided me with a strong background in sales, marketing, customer service and training. One of the greatest qualities I have learned is how to multi-task. While in school I have supported myself and still continued forward with my education. I am proud to say that next semester I will be graduating to San Francisco State University.

I began my sales career at Best Buy as a seasonal cashier. While I was there I received multiple promotions and department recognitions as Employee of the Quarter and Employee of the Month. On many occasions, as a part-time employee, my total sales were higher than that of my fellow full-time colleagues. While working at Best Buy I had the opportunity to meet and sale a variety of product to professional athletes, such as Berry Zito, Eric Chavez, and Joe Morgan. After starting my college career I was hired as a regional sales representative. I sold electronics like Panasonic and TomTom through third party stores. While I was working in Costco in Santa Maria, CA, Panasonic cameras quickly became the best selling camera for the store. My sales can be attributed to my communication and customer relation skills. I am able to quickly assess a customer and relate the product to their lifestyle wants and needs. Additionally, my job duties included conducting customer demonstrations for both individuals and groups, training full-time employees on the latest products, and setting-up displays.

Additionally, I have been attending Giants games for as long as I can remember. I have a vast knowledge of not only the San Francisco Giants, but of the MLB. I not only understand the history of baseball, but I stay current on player transactions and news. When the pitchers and catchers report to camp, the New Year starts for me.

I am excited to hear about the sales and marketing internship opportunity, as I would be a great fit for the position. My vast knowledge of the San Francisco Giants and the MLB combine with my understanding and experience in sales would make me a valuable asset to the Giants Family.


Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment