Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shay's cover letter

Dear xxx,

I am writing to express my interest in becoming a teaching artist in your organization. During the past four years, I have studied theater at British American Dramatic Academy at Oxford and at San Francisco State University, where I focused on Shakespearean theatre, movement-oriented theatre, mustical theatre, and devised work. I have also worked with children as a camp counselor and as a dance instructor. I will be graduating in May with a Bachelor’s degree in Drama and hope to work in the fields of education and performance.

My diverse educational experience along with my leadership qualities would be a valuable asset to San Francisco XXX. Currently, I am president of our theatre organization at San Francisco State, where we host events and shows for our fellow student body. As president, I work with people everyday in business and group settings, and as a result I have developed strong management and communication skills.

I am very interested in working with San Francisco xxx and I look forward to the opportunity to meeting with you in person. Thank you for your time and consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment