Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tiarra's cover letter

March 20, 2011

Dear Hiring Manager:

This letter is to express my interest in a possible entry-level position or internship with xxx in San Francisco. I believe my previous experience of in customer service and management, as well as my creative abilities and educational background in marketing, make me a good fit for your company. I am innovative and charismatic -- willing to express my ideas and to collaborate with clients. I believe I would be a great addition to xxx’s interactive marketing strategies. Following are five significant qualifications I have to offer:

• Four years of retail experience (including efforts to establish customer relationships on a daily basis -- finding solutions to problems, and fulfilling customer needs)

• Excellent communication and team building skills (including taking on a leadership role for more three years in retail and finding new and innovative ways to lead a team to increase revenue, improve performance in sales and customer service)

• Two years of assisting management in developing and managing shift schedules for a retail store (including accommodating a direct manager in agendas, tasks, and special projects, and communicating to managers about every day budget performance of my department and store as a whole)

• Experience with managing the holiday/event display in a retail store: constructing a creative display of products and décor relative to a specific holiday or theme for grab-n-go items and gift ideas for customers

• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office: creating Excel spreadsheets to help analyze budget performance and goals, preparing Word documents and worksheets to help management organize tasks and administrative functions, communicating to a large staff and management team using Outlook on a daily basis, creating PowerPoint presentations for school and work projects


I look forward to hearing from you to discuss the positive contributions I can offer xxx. Thank you for your time and consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment